Your privacy is our top priority
Below you will find full details on how we keep your data safe via our:
- Terms & Conditions
We ensure your privacy and security are maintained in the following ways:
1. OpinionPanel respects your privacy and confidentiality. We’re company partners with the research industry’s governing body – the Market Research Society. We abide by their Code of Conduct, the Data Protection Act and Fair Data’s Ten principles which enforce professional standards and data protection legislation. We guarantee that any personal information you supply will remain private and confidential and will not be passed to a third party unless you expressly permit or request disclosure. Your details are safe on our secure, firewall-protected servers.
2. We will only use the information we collect for research purposes. It will not be used for selling or marketing to you. We do not send unsolicited mail or pass on email addresses to others for this purpose.
3. We will not mislead you and we acknowledge and respect the fact that, as with all forms of marketing research and opinion research, your cooperation is voluntary at all times. We will not seek out any personal information about you without your prior knowledge and agreement.
4. Personal data collected when you join the OpinionPanel Community and during subsequent surveys may by stored for the purposes of further research.
5. Information you supply in response to questionnaires will be aggregated with other replies before being reported to clients.
6. The OpinionPanel Community database is owned and managed by OpinionPanel Ltd., London. The research that OpinionPanel undertakes is normally commissioned by paying customers from, for example, industry, government and the media. Unless there is good reason not to, we will normally provide the name of the commissioning client in their questionnaire.
7. We use up-to-date, firewall-protected technology to help ensure your personal information cannot be accessed by any unauthorized personnel. Only certain employees have access to the information you provide us. They only have access for data analysis and quality control purposes. Our surveys are HTTPS protected to ensure point-to-point security between your PC and our servers.
8. You can leave The OpinionPanel Community at any time by sending an email from one of your registered email accounts to email@example.com with the word ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line. Or you can unsubscribe by logging into your account and selecting the ‘unsubscribe’ option there.
9. We place our own cookies and similar devices, as well as those of carefully selected partners, for quality control, validation and to prevent bothersome repeat surveying, and to better understand what content our panellists are exposed to and interact with online, what advertising campaigns are effective, and the aggregated demographic composition of a website’s or application’s visitors or viewers of digital content. We may collect information about the content that was viewed (e.g. which product, which ad campaign etc.), on which website the content was viewed and general information about the device on which the content was viewed (e.g. whether PC, tablet or smartphone, operating system, approximate geo-location etc.). A typical report might be “this website was visited by 30,000 males in the UK between the ages 18-21.” All such web journey measurements are conducted via anonymised cookies, pixels or similar. All web measurements will only be used in aggregated form, and at no point will any personally identifiable information be shared.
10. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information which we hold on you and which is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (for which we may make a small charge) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Terms & Conditions
By applying to join The OpinionPanel Community you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1.1 The OpinionPanel Community is devised and run by OpinionPanel Ltd (“OpinionPanel”) [formerly Opinionlab Ltd], company number 5013113., 28-30 Worship Street, 6th Floor Crystal Gate, London, EC2A 2AH. OpinionPanel can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
1.3 Information, products, offers and services offered by OpinionPanel may change from time to time.
1.4 OpinionPanel shall not be liable to you or any other party should OpinionPanel exercise its right to modify or discontinue its services.
1.5 The views and opinions contained on OpinionPanel websites and questionnaires are not necessarily those of OpinionPanel.
1.6 OpinionPanel shall not be liable for any losses, costs or expenses brought about by membership of The OpinionPanel Community (including direct, consequential or incidental losses or damages).
1.7 Any communications or notices to be given under these terms and conditions shall be by email.
1.8 OpinionPanel can vary these terms at any time. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that you check these terms on a regular basis.
1.9 These terms shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
1.10 We may amend this Agreement at any time by email, or via the Messages section of your Account or by posting the amended terms on the OpinionPanel Community “Terms and Conditions” page. All amended Terms shall automatically be effective 30 days after they are initially posted.
2. Panel membership
2.1 Panel Requirements
You must meet the following requirements (the “Panel Requirements”) in order to be a member of The OpinionPanel Community:
2.1.1 Student– You must be over 18 years of age and studying at a university or Higher Education Institution in the UK .
2.1.2 Graduate You must have completed a course at a UK university or Higher Education Institution within the last five years.
2.1.3 Youth You must be between the ages of 16 and 27 and be living in the UK You might be interested in applying to study a course at a UK university or Higher Education Institution, but you must not have actually submitted an application, or be a student at a UK university or Higher Education Institution.
2.1.4 Applicant – You must have submitted an application to study at a UK university or Higher Education Institution and be currently awaiting their replies
2.2 As consideration for your membership of The OpinionPanel Community, we will give you points for taking part in questionnaires as specified within the questionnaire invitation emails. £1 is equivalent to 100 points. Members will redeem points after reaching a redemption level of 2500 points. These 2500 points are redeemed as £25 worth of shopping vouchers from a selection of high street stores.
2.3 Membership of The OpinionPanel Community is personal to you and is not transferable to a third party.
2.4 You may not join The OpinionPanel Community more than once.
2.5 OpinionPanel has the right to refuse membership (for instance, if a quota is already full in respect of youths, applicants, students or graduates within your category).
2.6 All information you give in relation to membership of The Opinionpanel Community must be true, accurate and not misleading.
2.7 It is your responsibility to keep your personal details including your email address up to date.
2.8 In order to be a member of The OpinionPanel Community you must be responsible for the confidentiality of emails sent to your email addresses and for any passwords you supply or accept from OpinionPanel. OpinionPanel will not be liable for unauthorised use of your email address or password.
3. Ceasing membership
3.1 Either you or OpinionPanel may terminate your membership at any time. You may terminate by emailing email@example.com from your registered email address with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line of the email. Or you can log into your account and select the unsubscribe option there.
3.2 Your membership will terminate automatically when you cease to meet the Panel Requirements.
3.3 If your membership of The OpinionPanel Community is terminated by reason of your breach of these terms or if you continue as a member of The OpinionPanel Community after you have ceased to comply with the Panel Requirements all benefits accrued (for example gift certificate credits, rights to enter competitions etc.) will be removed and your entitlement to those benefits will cease
4. Terms and Conditions for Prize Draws
These are the rules for prize draws on The OpinionPanel Community
4.1 How to enter
4.1.1 Notification of entry into a prize draw will be given within the email of invitation to the questionnaire.
4.1.2 All entrants into prize draws will have had to complete the questionnaire for which the prize draw applies to. Panellists that were invited to, but did not complete the questionnaires will not be entered into the prize draw.
4.2 Limitation of entries
4.2.1 There will only be one entry per panellist that completes the survey to which the prize draw applies into the prize draw.
4.3.1 The prizes to be won will be declared within the email of invitation to the survey.
4.3.2 There will be no cash alternative to prizes.
4.3.3 OpinionPanel Ltd reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
4.4.1 Winners will be determined by a random draw from all eligible entries. OpinionPanel Ltd reserves the right to postpone the draw should the survey entry period be extended.
4.5.1 Winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw. The winners will have 28 days from notification to accept the prize by replying to the notification email. If there is no acceptance within 28 days the winner will not be eligible for that prize. For all unclaimed prizes left after 28 days, a new prize draw winner will be selected. Again, this winner must reply to the notification and accept the prize within 28 days. This process continues until all have been claimed.
4.6.1 OpinionPanel Ltd is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mechanically reproduced, mis-delivered, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries, messages or post; unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission; on line failures; hardware software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the prize draw in any manner including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrance ability to participate in the prize draw winner notification, or winner response to notification. OpinionPanel Ltd is also not responsible for any damage to entrant’s computer occasioned by participation in the prize draw or downloading of any information necessary to participate in the prize draws.
4.7.1 These rules shall be governed by English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Last updated October 4th, 2016.