The thing that captivates me […]
Terms & Conditions
By applying to join The Youth Panel, The Applicant Panel, The Future Panel, The Student Panel or The Graduate Panel (together, “The Panels”) you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
1.1 The Panels are devised and run by OpinionPanel Ltd (“OpinionPanel”) [formerly Opinionlab Ltd], company number 5013113., 28-30 Worship Street, 6th Floor Crystal Gate, London, EC2A 2AH. OpinionPanel can be contacted by email on email@example.com
1.3 Information, products, offers and services offered by OpinionPanel may change from time to time.
1.4 OpinionPanel shall not be liable to you or any other party should OpinionPanel exercise its right to modify or discontinue its services.
1.5 The views and opinions contained on OpinionPanel websites and questionnaires are not necessarily those of OpinionPanel.
1.6 OpinionPanel shall not be liable for any losses, costs or expenses brought about by membership of The Panels (including direct, consequential or incidental losses or damages).
1.7 Any communications or notices to be given under these terms and conditions shall be by email.
1.8 OpinionPanel can vary these terms at any time. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that you check these terms on a regular basis.
1.9 These terms shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
2. Panel membership
2.1 Panel Requirements
You must meet the following requirements (the “Panel Requirements”) in order to be a member of The Panels:
2.1.1 The Student Panel – You must be over 18 years of age and studying at a university or Higher Education Institution in the UK [please see our list of institutions in order to apply to join The Student Panel.
2.1.2 The Graduate Panel – You must have either been a member of The Student Panel and have graduated, or have completed a course at a UK university or Higher Education Institution within the last five years in order to apply to join The Graduate Panel.
2.1.3 The Youth Panel – You must be between the ages of 16 and 27 and be living in the UK to be a member of The Youth Panel. You might be interested in applying to study a course at a UK university or Higher Education Institution, but you must not have actually submitted an application, or be a student at a UK university or Higher Education Institution.
2.1.4 The Applicant Panel – You must have submitted an application to study at a UK university or Higher Education Institution and be currently awaiting their replies in order to apply to join The Applicant Panel.
2.1.5 The Future Panel – members of the previously named Future Panel will either be a member of effective subset panels; The Youth Panel or The Applicant Panel. Please see points 2.1.3 and 2.1.4.
2.2 As consideration for your membership of The Panels we will give you points for taking part in questionnaires as specified within the questionnaire invitation emails. Members of The Youth Panel and The Applicant Panel (effective subset panels of the previously named Future Panel) will redeem points in the form of high street shopping vouchers payable after each questionnaire. Members of The Student Panel and The Graduate Panel will redeem points after reaching a redemption level of 25. These 25 points are redeemed as £25 worth of Amazon.co.uk gift certificates.
2.3 Membership of The Panels is personal to you and is not transferable to a third party.
2.4 You may not join any of The Panels more than once.
2.5 OpinionPanel has the right to refuse membership (for instance, if a quota is already full in respect of youths, applicants, students or graduates within your category).
2.6 All information you give in relation to membership of The Panels must be true, accurate and not misleading.
2.7 It is your responsibility to keep your personal details including your email address up to date.
2.8 In order to be a member of The Panels you must be responsible for the confidentiality of emails sent to your email addresses and for any passwords you supply or accept from OpinionPanel. OpinionPanel will not be liable for unauthorised use of your email address or password.
3. Ceasing membership
3.1 Either you or OpinionPanel may terminate your membership of The Panels at any time. You may terminate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line of the email. Or you can log into your account and select the unsubscribe option there.
3.2 Your membership will terminate automatically when you cease to meet the Panel Requirements.
3.3 If your membership of The Panels is terminated by reason of your breach of these terms or if you continue as a member of The Panels after you have ceased to comply with the Panel Requirements all benefits accrued (for example gift certificate credits, rights to enter competitions etc.) will be removed and your entitlement to those benefits will cease. However, where you have converted from a member of The Student Panel to The Graduate Panel all benefits accrued will continue.
4. Personal Privacy and Data Protection
4.1 By applying for membership of The Panels you consent to OpinionPanel holding, storing, processing and using the information you submit for market research purposes. This information may be disclosed to third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the UK.
4.4 You have the right to ask for a copy of the information which we hold on you and which is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (for which we may make a small charge) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
5. Terms and Conditions for Prize Draws
These are the rules for prize draws on The Panels.
How to enter
1. Notification of entry into a prize draw will be given within the email of invitation to the questionnaire.
2. All entrants into prize draws will have had to complete the questionnaire for which the prize draw applies to. Panellists that were invited to, but did not complete the questionnaires will not be entered into the prize draw.
Limitation of entries
3. There will only be one entry per panellist that completes the survey to which the prize draw applies into the prize draw.
4. The prizes to be won will be declared within the email of invitation to the survey.
5. There will be no cash alternative to prizes.
6. OpinionPanel Ltd reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
7. Winners will be determined by a random draw from all eligible entries. OpinionPanel Ltd reserves the right to postpone the draw should the survey entry period be extended.
8. Winners will be notified by email within 14 days of the draw. The winners will have 28 days from notification to accept the prize by replying to the notification email. If there is no acceptance within 28 days the winner will not be eligible for that prize. For all unclaimed prizes left after 28 days, a new prize draw winner will be selected. Again, this winner must reply to the notification and accept the prize within 28 days. This process continues until all have been claimed.
9. OpinionPanel Ltd is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, mechanically reproduced, mis-delivered, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible entries, messages or post; unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmission; on line failures; hardware software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the prize draw in any manner including without limitation, receipt of entries, entrance ability to participate in the prize draw winner notification, or winner response to notification. OpinionPanel Ltd is also not responsible for any damage to entrant’s computer occasioned by participation in the prize draw or downloading of any information necessary to participate in the prize draws.
10. These rules shall be governed by English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.