Secondary school. A place with the greatest friends, food and fights. We all have our own memories, but I bet you never realised how similar all our British school experiences were until now. Here are 26 different things we can all feel nostalgic about…
1. Running to the canteen before all the good food is gone
2. Buying Pasta King (despite it being 100% water) without cheese (because you didn’t want to cough up an extra 20p) and wondering how it actually managed to get worse every day!
3. Those cakes with the white icing and sprinkles though…
4. Feeling utterly betrayed when school turned healthy half way through the year and you had to say goodbye to burgers and curly fries… Cheers, Jamie Oliver!
5. Making PowerPoint presentations for which everyone volunteered to operate the mouse to avoid speaking
6. That one overly emotional teacher who would cry every time she had your class
7. Getting the Bunsen burners out and doing your own experiments (burning rubbers, rulers and anything else you could get your hands on)
8. Spending days and days on your still drawings or self portraits and having them turn out like this:
9. Faking a note from your parents to the P.E teacher to get out of shitty rounders in the rain
10. Having to do P.E barefoot in the gym and almost puking when things stuck to your foot
11. Staring longingly at that pointless jungle gym, which you never got to go on because it was a health and safety hazard
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
12. Spending all of lunch walking trying to find that epic fight that was apparently happening, only to find that it was one push which ended hours ago
13. But everyone flocked like seagulls to that one fight that was worth watching
14. (On that note) Where do all the seagulls come from when there isn’t a beach for miles???
15. That rival school just down the road that you met with regularly for fights and hated with a burning fury for no reason at all
16. Seeing another school on a school trip and sizing them up like you’re preparing for war
17. Walking down the corridor through a sea of giant backpacks with year 7’s on them
18. Walking past your mate’s lesson and pulling faces through the window to try and make them laugh
19. Pushing people into classrooms and then running off so the teacher blames them
20. Talking after the fire alarm has gone off and the teacher looking at you like you created Satan himself
21. Who needs the newspaper or even twitter when you can get all the gossip by reading what’s written on the girls toilet walls?
22. Asking to go to the toilet to get out of a boring lesson and then making it last as long as possible
23. Counting all the wads of soaked toilet paper stuck to the ceiling and walls. If your toilet didn’t look like this then your school had tall cleaners:
Extra curricular activities :
24. Poking your thumbs through holes you’ve carefully chewed in your jumper because those little guys need the freedom (and it looked awesome, too)
25. The self-proclaimed badasses smoking at the back of the field or behind the school buildings and bike-sheds
26. Annoying the librarians by simply breathing. And how they firmly supported the belief that they had the most important job in the whole school
Let’s keep the reminiscing going by commenting any of your school memories…
Feature image by National Assembly for Wales – altered