Whether you’re entering the next step of education, or beginning a new job, starting a new chapter can always be daunting – just remember you are not alone!
Things you’ll understand if you’re starting a new chapter of education:
- You may feel overwhelmed and nervous if you’re about to start college, university, or maybe even a new job. You might think “how on earth am I going to fit in with these people.” But the key to being confident is truly believing that you are…
- Everybody is going to be in the same boat as you, so just know you’re not alone. There are so many people that will be looking out for you and wanting for you to succeed.
- You may still feel uneasy about the transition- but don’t worry because there are still some things that may help you. Think about this for me: you’re about to start college, you’re nervous about fitting in with everyone, you’re shy, you don’t know if you’re smart enough to keep up with everybody. Well, it’s up to you how people are going to portray you. They don’t know what you’re like so you’re in control of that. This is a fresh start to be the best version of yourself and the perfect opportunity to start with your head held high, looking confident and in control. The more you do it, the more you will believe it and it will eventually become natural!
I understand how daunting new experiences can be, however i am a big believer in ‘everything happens for a reason.’ You are meant to be here right now. This next step is going to shape your future and guide you in the right direction towards happiness. I know you can do this!
I saw a video the other day and I’d love to share what I got from it…
There was an old man in hospital and he said to his nurse “can I tell you something?” and she replied with “of course” so he went on to tell his story. He said “when I was in primary school, I was dying to get to high school, and then in high school I was dying to get out and start college, after that I was dying to get a job and start a career, then I was dying to have children and finally I was dying to retire. Now, I really am dying. I wish I had enjoyed those moments for what they were”.
It may feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders at moments but you have GOT to enjoy every single day of your life. Don’t spend your nights worrying about the next day, don’t worry what people are going to think of you. We all support each other and we will help you every step of the way! You are slowly getting to where you’re meant to be.
5 things to make you feel more at ease:
- Do some pamper nights – it is so important to keep your mind and body happy and healthy.
- Try and stay on track with work – this will make you feel much more in control. Make a timetable and stick to it as much as possible.
- Balance your time well – this means not all work and not all play. Do good amounts of both, it’s important to have your down time, just not too much.
- Talk to friends and family – this may seem like everyone says it but speaking to anyone about what’s going on in your life (good or bad) can make you feel as though you have support and can lift a massive weight off your shoulders.
- Try and have less time on social media – I understand it’s hard but think about it, what are you actually getting from it apart from negativity. Chat to your friends but just manage your time well.
If you liked this article, be sure to let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and share with your friends!
You may also like this article: